This trade resulted in a 21% move up the following morning as they crushed the earnings estimates. Based on our research and the 13 week pattern both, we went long into the earnings report. We do not often do that, but in this case felt...
Sample Alerts and Methodology
SRP Swing Trade Parameters:
- We look first at the fundamentals of each company very closely. We drill down into the balance sheet, product lines, management, catalysts, share structures, SEC filings, financings, Price to Sales and Price to Earnings ratios, cash per share, and more to make sure we are looking only at quality names.
- Review of the sector the company or the 3xETF is in to look for sectors coming into favor or breaking out from consolidations
- Technical analysis review is then based on our human behavioral patterns, Elliott wave patterns, 13 and 34 day EMA lines, and base and post base pattern analysis.
- We set an objective for the trade and plan to hold for days to many weeks until we take profits on the way up, close it out, or get stopped out
- We only use stops near the close of market trading to avoid random stop loss runs and algo trading shake outs
- We usually sell 1/2 the position on the way up to lock in gains and reduce risk exposure, then hold the remainder a bit longer
This has resulted in a near 70% success rate with swing trades since our 9/1/13 Inception of SRP subscription service
“Wow, well, you were right again! After you were right on the last two, I decided to go big on the next one. Up 70K since the alert yesterday. I should have followed the advice closer though, as I was more than happy with the 70K and sold everything at your “sell 1/2” alert. It’s starting to look like it will indeed run further with the strong close today. Thanks again, the service is worth the price alone just for the $NUGT alerts”
Todd G. – SRP Member
“I have to thank you. You guys are awesome. I have been moving in and out of sector funds in my 401k based on your information (biotech, gold). I sold my gold fund yesterday, a little early perhaps. But I am up 31.6% ytd. I went over 1 million in my plan and I am only 46! I have been telling my friends about you guys, hope to get you some new members as well as the help they need. Keep up the great work!”
Nick H. SRP Member